Call Us: 416-628-9562

Which Actions To Take For You WordPress Website Security?

WordPress is amazing. Millions of people use it for a multitude of businesses. This platform is the best when it comes to handling business.

However, this boon also comes with a dark side. Why? Because it also enables people to power other websites, various hackers, and the ones who are on the lookout for the advancement of WP Website Security.

WordPress’s increasing demand as a sole platform makes security a vital aspect to be taken care of. And, yet, it is the most neglected and often found a dull and shabby topic. Just like you need health insurance for your well being, security for your WordPress website helps keep your online business safe and sound.

Which Actions To Take For You WordPress Website Security?

Simple Measures to Secure Your WordPress Website

WordPress sounds pretty in terms of security, but yet specific security issues need to be addressed. And, relying on others to work for you is not enough! There are several actions that you may take to secure your website.

Here are some website security tips for you:

Use a Reliable Hosting Company
The hosting is the first thing you consider and purchase when it is about building a website. Thus, make sure to choose a hosting company that contains a multitude of securing features. About 8 % of WordPress sites get hacked because of weak login information. So, what about the remaining 92%? Out of these, some get hacked due to plugins, while some via vulnerable themes. Yet, it is not the biggest culprit. About 41% of attacks on WordPress sites happened because of inadequate security on the server. Thus, make sure to choose a hosting that is reliable and provides regular updates for your website.

Improve Login Information
As discussed above, a piece of weak login information can make it easy for hackers to get into your website. Do not overlook the fact of having a strong username and password. Do not use “Admin” as your username and a weak password without any symbols and numbers.

Stay up to Date
Staying up to date also updates the security features in the website. It helps in addressing the bugs and fixing them as well as ensuring other additional features. Do not even think of skipping them! Updating WordPress will automatically update your WordPress website, which continually pops up in major updates.

Be Careful About Plugin And Theme Usage
Whenever you choose a plugin or theme, make sure to go through it intricately and make sure that it is not vulnerable. Never install too many plugins for your website as it ends up not only making your website heavy but also helps in limiting the exposure to security issues. Remember to keep them updated and be cautious of the plugins and themes you install for the website’s sustained security.

Back up Regularly
It is usual for one to forget regularly! But, the hackers can take away all your data and leave nothing with you! Thus, it is better to be one step ahead and back up data as regularly as possible to avoid such situations. There are several applications and plugins available that help backing up the website’s database and hence keep it safe and sound.

Employ Two-Step Verification
If you are looking for a Markham Website Security, it is best to use a two-step verification process. So that logging in becomes difficult. When a user tries to log in, a code is received on the mobile phone. If you are the user, then it is okay. If not, then you can be alert to the misuse of your credentials and a probable hack on your website.

Are you looking to protect your website and increase its security at maximum? Choose BaseCreative– the most trusted and sought-after WordPress security service provider. It helps in mitigating the exposure to risks and also keeps the hackers away from the WordPress website.